Porsche Cars North America - 2016 Porsche Cayenne with Horrible Grinding and Clicking Noise!

3.2
Interest Rate
Style and Design
Turnaround Time

Greetings. I purchased a brand new 2016 Porsche Cayenne from Rusnak Westlake Porsche on August 22, 2015. From the moment I purchased it, I detected a loud clicking and grinding noise outside the car. I thought that the sound was coming from the transmission. After continuously complaining about the car via email and text message to my sales rep, he finally offered to let me bring the car in.

Upon inspection of the vehicle, they agreed something was certainly wrong with the car and they spent several days replacing the transfer case. Upon receiving the car back, initially, for the drive home, the sound seemed to be largely GONE and I was quite happy. However, as I was pulling into my garage, I realized that the sound was back.... or rather, it had never really left.

I reached out to the dealership again and they basically told me the car is performing according to Porsche standards. Oddly, the car is making the exact same sound it made prior to the transfer case replacement. If there was nothing wrong with my car, why did they replace the transfer case, free of charge, over the course of a multi-day installation? I was without my Porsche without a week. Why would they perform several days worth of work on a car that had nothing wrong with it? It defies human comprehension.

Then, they told me that they were done working on the car and that nothing was wrong with it. Of course, that's kind of misleading. Yes, the car runs. It runs great. But, it makes this awful sounds and everyone I show it to asks me what is wrong with my car. Valet parking guys want to know what is wrong with my car. My nine year old niece wants to know what is wrong with my car. I appealed to Rusnak, then to Porsche North America. They sent me the enclosed letter.

The fact is, they simply do not care. They keep telling me that the vehicle is "performing according to manufacturer specifications." They keep telling me how important I am, and yet, they have no interest in fixing this car. I have no ulterior motive. I'm not asking for my money back. I am not asking to return the car. I am just asking for it to not sound like it is on the *** of breaking down. I am asking for my car to not sound embarrassing. I am asking for my Porsche to sound like a Porsche.

It's incredible to have a company with the amazing reputation that Porsche has... act as if they don't care. Actually, I don't believe they are acting. I believe they really do not care. Until they fix my car, I plan on alerting as many people as possible so that other people are not scammed into buying a car that sounds like it is dying from a company that couldn't care less.

I am shocked that this is their attitude. My payments are good. The car should also be good. I couldn't be more disappointed by my first and last Porsche.

Thanks,

Adam

Product or Service Mentioned: 2016 Porsche Cayenne Car.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: I would like my car (NOISE) fixed, and for Porsche to stop telling me that my car is just fine..

I liked: Luxury automobile.

I didn't like: Shoddy customer service by people who do not care.

Comments

encinoadam
Sherman Oaks, California, United States #1289980

Cheryl,

Absolutely. I'd love to talk about this.

Send me your phone or email. Thanks!!

-Me

Portland, Oregon, United States #1288418

We should exchange info I am having issues with my 2016 Cayenne also. I've been treated the same way.

I also purchased my Cayenne in Aug